Monday, September 2, 2013

The Lost Hero


Tina Fischer

The Lost Hero

Rick Riordan

Mythology, action and fiction



A sixteen-year-old boy named Jason Grace wakes up on a bus on his way to the Grand Canyon with his school, with no memory. Two people; Piper and Leo, claim to be his friends, yet Jason has no idea who they are, who he is, and where he is! When they arrive at the Grand Canyon storm spirits attacked the three teenagers. Their protector Gleason Hedge turns out to be a satyr and Jason turns out to be able to fly saving Piper. The storm spirits leave taking Gleason Hedge with them. Later three demigods save them and take them to camp half blood where Jason turns out to be the son of Zeus, Leo gets claimed by Hephaestus and it is revealed that he can make fire while Piper got claimed to be Aphrodite’s daughter and can charm speak about almost anyone. Leo and Jason had dreams about Hera, the goddess needing their help, because she got captured. Piper also had dreams about someone being captured but it was not about Hera, instead it was about her father who was captured by a giant from Gaia who wants to ruin the gods. The three go on a Quest to save Hera and hopefully Pipers father. On their quest they fight some of the worst monsters of old times which escaped from the underworld and are helping Gaia destroy the gods.

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. I learned many things from this book including; how important friendship is, and facts about mythology both Greek, and Roman. I liked that there was a lot of action in this book, yet there was also a lot of suspense and I was always willing to continue reading the book. What I didn’t like was the beginning and the ending, I didn’t enjoy the beginning as much because I was confused and didn’t understand what was happening. What I didn’t like about the end was that the book stopped in the middle of the story, and it didn’t seem like an ending but rather a new beginning.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes action and Greek/roman mythology, or people who are between 10-14 years old. I don’t recommend it to people who don’t like mythology because that is the purpose of the book.  Many people recommended this book to me, and even though I didn’t enjoy it in the beginning, I liked it as I started understanding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment